Shows subject to change.
Curtain times: 2:00pm & 7:30pm.
- Comedy of Errors
- Seussical the Musical
- Five Women Wearing the Same Dress
- Stop Kiss
- Sweet Charity
Connect to Festival 56
The Education Committee of the Princeton Theatre Group
Festival 56: Youth Employment in the Arts 2017
Festival 56 has an exciting opportunity for high school students this summer. We are offering up to four students, including this year's graduates, the opportunity to work as paid apprentices with our resident professional company. Duties will cover various aspects of theatre production. This program is made possible through federal funds and is sponsored by a grant from the Illinois Arts Council, a state agency.
Over eight weeks, each high school student will be assigned to work in one or more of the following areas: Scenic Design (including properties and scenic art), Technical Direction (including scenic construction), Costume Design (including construction and wardrobe), Directing (including choreography and/or music direction), Lighting and Sound Design (including electrics and engineering), Production and Stage Management, and Public Relations (including marketing and audience services).
Apprentices will work 19 hours per week and will have the opportunity to enter into a mentorship with one of the company's professional artists. Apprentices will also have the opportunity to volunteer additional time in one or more areas of theatre production. Applicants must be available to work June 12 - August 6.
To apply: Please submit a letter covering the following points. (Brief responses are fine.)
- Availability between June 12 - August 6 including weekends
- Previous theatre and/or or related experience
- Goals relating to future related studies and/or a career in the theatre arts at the college or professional level
- Personal artistic statement (why you want this job, how it will benefit you, or other)
- Name, address, phone number, email address, age, year of high school just completed
Letters may be mailed to the theatre at Learning Stage, 316 S. Main St., Princeton, IL 61356, or emailed to email@example.com with the subject "Apprentice." Questions can also be sent to this email address.
Applications should be received by 5:00 pm Wednesday, May 24, to be considered.
Following a review of the applications, those moving on to the next level will be invited to the theatre for an interview. One letter of recommendation will be required from a teacher or artistic mentor at that time.
Thank you! We welcome all your applications!
The Illinois Child Labor Law (820 ILCS 205/1 et seq.) regulates the employment of minors under the age of 16 years and requires all minors to have employment certificates.
Required Procedures for Teens under 16!
- "Letter of intent to hire" must be obtained from all prospective employers. The letter must outline hours worked.
- Teen and parent or guardian must bring this letter to an issuing officer at the minor's school or school district to obtain the required work permit.
- The issuing officer will review criteria and verify safety before issuing the work permit.
Attention all kids, ages 8-18! Camp 56 will return for its seventh consecutive summer in 2017 for fun, theatre-based camping activities while preparing for onstage roles in SEUSSICAL™: The Musical.
The two-week day camp will run the last two weeks in June with performances July 7-15. The camp is under the direction of a certified teacher with a background in theatre, an AmeriCorps Volunteer, and aided by selected cast and crew from Festival 56.
Learning Stage and Princeton Theatre Group would like to extend their deepest thanks to the following donors who make Camp 56 a reality:
- The Sun Foundation
- The National Endowment for the Arts
- Princeton Theatre Group
- Hallmark Metamora Fixtures
- First National Bank of Lacon
- Eureka Savings Bank
- Bob and Joan Ericksen
- James and Katharine Weber
- Kinji Akagawa
- Mary Ann Child
- Keith Kostelecky
- Mark Decker
- Rome Industries
- Church Women United
- Bob Glaser
- Hal and Sharon Mercer
- St. Matthews Lutheran Church
- Monical's Pizza
- and Friends of Camp 56
Your generosity is appreciated. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or the box office at 815-879-5656 if you would like to donate to Camp 56.
Updates & Announcements